View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 T-56 CONNECTORS 
Forum User

Post T-56 CONNECTORS
Hey Guys, I just bought a complete T56 swap and i just want to make sure these are the right part numbers for the connectors on the tranny. Also where should i go to get these connectors?? Thanks!

Vehicle Speed Sensor - #88987993
Reverse Lockout Connector - #12101857
Reverse Light Connector - #12085485

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:26 pm
CCFBG Club Member

best deal out there so far as i have seen. I have the same ones

http://cgi.ebay.ca/T56-CONNECTOR-SET-BACKUP-LIGHTS-REV-LOCKOUT-VSS-/250492552476?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a5285051c

My FQuick
My Garage

THE MISSISSAUGA CHAPTER

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:27 pm
Forum User

That is perfect! So I don't need to have my skip shift hooked up? I don't even want the skip shift anyways.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:32 pm
Senior Forum User

Post Re: T-56 CONNECTORS
MParks wrote:
Hey Guys, I just bought a complete T56 swap and i just want to make sure these are the right part numbers for the connectors on the tranny. Also where should i go to get these connectors?? Thanks!

Do not forget to send me my commission on the find. :wink:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:47 pm
Senior Forum User

I bought the same set a while back when I bought a T56 here on the board.

The reverse light connector (same as T56) alone was $24 from GM when I bought it a couple years ago, so this is a heck of a deal for all three!

1970 Pontiac GTO
Orbit Orange Judge Re-creation / YZ RAIII 400 / M20 4-Speed
1985 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
5.7 LITRE / TES Headers / SShaker Hood / WC T5 5-Speed

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

Post Re: T-56 CONNECTORS
Doug Phillips wrote:
MParks wrote:

Do not forget to send me my commission on the find. :wink:

Haha! Ill buy ya a case of beer and we will call it even! Btw i ordered konis just lastnight :)

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:53 pm
Forum User

The reverse light connector (same as T56) alone was $24 from GM when I bought it a couple years ago, so this is a heck of a deal for all three!

Im a click away from ordering them! My T56 is out of a 96 trans am LT1 so this is the right set for it?

I dont know if theres a difference between the LT1 T56 connectors to the LS1 i did so much searching on TGO :lol:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:55 pm
Senior Forum User

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:05 pm
CCFBG Club Member

85_SS wrote:

Im a click away from ordering them! My T56 is out of a 96 trans am LT1 so this is the right set for it?

I dont know if theres a difference between the LT1 T56 connectors to the LS1 i did so much searching on TGO :lol:
From what I know there is no difference at all as the connections stayed the same it was only the internals of the tranny that changed between LT1 and LS1

My FQuick
My Garage

THE MISSISSAUGA CHAPTER

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:24 am
CCFBG Club Member

MParks wrote:
85_SS wrote:

From what I know there is no difference at all as the connections stayed the same it was only the internals of the tranny that changed between LT1 and LS1

Yes and no.

All the connectors are identical, all the internals are identical also.

The only difference is the input shaft and front cover.

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: BTR Cam, Long Tubes, 3" Catback, UDP, CAI Intake, Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Poly Diff Bushings, Toe Arms, Poly Subframe, Poly Radius-Rod bushings, ZL1 Suede Shifter, ZL1 Mounts, Arun Tuned - 475rwhp 443rwtq
11.97 @ 116 w/ 1.85 60'

Listen To Song Of My People!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:05 am
Profile WWW
CCFBG Club Member

6SIX6 wrote:
MParks wrote:
85_SS wrote:

Yes and no.

All the connectors are identical, all the internals are identical also.

The only difference is the input shaft and front cover.
Yeah thats what I meant but i was too tired this morning to completely remember LOL

My FQuick
My Garage

THE MISSISSAUGA CHAPTER

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:29 pm
Forum User

:lol: Thanks for the help guys!!! I ordered them and they have been shipped already so im hoping i get them this week. My red Spohn cross member came in just a minute ago. For the speedo is there a way to bypass that so it works with the VSS or do i HAVE to buy that Dakota recalibration box? Ill do some searchin. Other people make this swap sound easy but its a pain in the A**!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:01 pm
Senior Forum User

:lol: Thanks for the help guys!!! I ordered them and they have been shipped already so im hoping i get them this week. My red Spohn cross member came in just a minute ago. For the speedo is there a way to bypass that so it works with the VSS or do i HAVE to buy that Dakota recalibration box? Ill do some searchin. Other people make this swap sound easy but its a pain in the A**!

ya thats where i am at right now
but i cant find anything concrete online
there is a bunch of stuff on thirdgen.org but also lots of conflicting views

if anyone can help with this please and thank you haha

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
CCFBG Club Member

MParks wrote:

ya thats where i am at right now
but i cant find anything concrete online
there is a bunch of stuff on thirdgen.org but also lots of conflicting views

if anyone can help with this please and thank you haha

If you have a 1982-1989 Camaro...your car has a cable speedo. To make that work with a T56, you have 2 options.

1) Send out your tail-shaft from your T56 to someone to retrofit a mechanical speedo-drive in place of the VSS.

2) Buy the dakota digital electric-to-mechanical speedo box. Since the speedo will need a cable to spin, the correct dakota box will have an electric motor built into it that will spin your speedo cable.

If you have a 1990-1992 Camaro, your speedo is electric and therefore you have 1 option.

1) Buy the dokota digital speedo calibration box

Other options you have include buying an after market speedo and putting it in place of the stock one and wire it directly to the tranny's VSS.

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: BTR Cam, Long Tubes, 3" Catback, UDP, CAI Intake, Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Poly Diff Bushings, Toe Arms, Poly Subframe, Poly Radius-Rod bushings, ZL1 Suede Shifter, ZL1 Mounts, Arun Tuned - 475rwhp 443rwtq
11.97 @ 116 w/ 1.85 60'

Listen To Song Of My People!

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:45 am
Profile WWW
Senior Forum User

I didn't find out about this guy until after I bought an Abott-X speedo conversion box, but there's a guy on TGO that converts the tailhosuing of a T56 for a mechancial output:

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/trans ... rsion.html

This is what I bought - on ebay they were only $250, but I don't see any on there at the moment:

http://www.abbott-tach.com/cablex.htm

The guys name is Jerry Monk and his email is tachman1@atrol.com. Ebay handle was tachman1 according to my email records...

1970 Pontiac GTO
Orbit Orange Judge Re-creation / YZ RAIII 400 / M20 4-Speed
1985 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
5.7 LITRE / TES Headers / SShaker Hood / WC T5 5-Speed

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:46 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next