View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 9:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 lt1 upgrades 
CCFBG Club Member

Post Re: lt1 upgrades
Overdrive wrote:
Just have two y-pipes, one for etest, one for driving.

And keep your wallet full for when you get caught!

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:18 pm
Forum Moderator

Vetty wrote:
Juice's car does sound awesome i can attest to that.

thanks bro!! even before the rest of the mods :rotflol

Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:38 pm
Operations Team

I wouldnt neccessarly use the cutouts but i was just giving him an idea of how you can setup a bitching true dual setup all the way back.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
Senior Forum User

Vetty wrote:
I wouldnt neccessarly use the cutouts but i was just giving him an idea of how you can setup a bitching true dual setup all the way back.

If you did the same setup and replaced the cutouts with bullet cats then you'd be legal and true duals.

2004 Corvette vert (sold)
2007 Chev Avalanche, 6" lift (gone)
1970 Firebird project (sold)

Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:56 pm
Forum User

Hey guys, so i got the 4.10's in i got to go to the shop and watch him install them i know the guy... no noises perfectly quite as stock

but im pretty dissapointed everyone says oh man night and day a whole new car youll be amazed... feels pretty similar to me if you ask me deffinatly not a new car i got 3 buddies to hop in drove her hard for a few mins with each no one noticed a difference maybe i should have dragged it before and after to see if i shaved .3 of a second or something haha i do notice i gotta shift a hell of a lot faster now revs up quicker, and when im cruising it s a few hundred higher revving bout it though i still cant smoke the tires in second like i could the 245s so i think i need like 450rwhp to satisfy my needs :p

so ive decided to not to anymore upgrade this year to it because anything i do i dont think ill notice, so i think ill wait until next year and drop 10k into th emotor to make a real change something worth my time and effort!

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:23 pm
Senior Forum User

steve-t wrote:
Hey guys, so i got the 4.10's in i got to go to the shop and watch him install them i know the guy... no noises perfectly quite as stock

but im pretty dissapointed everyone says oh man night and day a whole new car youll be amazed... feels pretty similar to me if you ask me deffinatly not a new car i got 3 buddies to hop in drove her hard for a few mins with each no one noticed a difference maybe i should have dragged it before and after to see if i shaved .3 of a second or something haha i do notice i gotta shift a hell of a lot faster now revs up quicker, and when im cruising it s a few hundred higher revving bout it though i still cant smoke the tires in second like i could the 245s so i think i need like 450rwhp to satisfy my needs :p

so ive decided to not to anymore upgrade this year to it because anything i do i dont think ill notice, so i think ill wait until next year and drop 10k into th emotor to make a real change something worth my time and effort!

...you cant smoke the tires in 2nd? and you have 4.10s? You sir either have some power issues or don't know how to drive.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:27 pm
Forum User

lol well if i do a clutch drop from a dead stop in second ya not a problem... i think a v6 could do that

i mean i used to be able to smoke them and 3rd gear pulling away from a stop, no just first smokes then it squaks in 2nd.. they are 315s compared to old 245s but people told me itll be like putting the old tires back on itll pull so hard maybe people justover exagurate kinda like putting a cold air intake and saying oh my god it woke the car up so much! deffinatly gained 10hp yeah ok! you dont feel shit doing that! or maybe that just me who knows all im saying it its not a night and day difference with 4.10s compared to stock which is what like 3.41 or something? maybe just a slight more pep just a tad!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:02 am
Operations Team

If your ready to spend 10k on a motor you could buy a complete modded ls1 complete car down south an bring it back up for that with 400-450rwhp LOL. There as some disgustingly good deals fully modded cars down south whether your a die hard lt1 or ls1. To give you an idea there is a guy on LS1tech named 95RamAir with 95 Trans Am - Built 383 with 455rwhp, 12 Bolt or 9" Rear, Performabuilt Lvl 2 Trans, Full suspension front and rear, a 10 sec street car for like 9500 US or something retarded like that. If i had the money id be on my way to pick that car up.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:50 am
Profile WWW
Operations Team

In the long run it will cost you way less to buy one already built up with all the right parts then to built it from scratch.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:51 am
Profile WWW
CCFBG Club Member

steve-t wrote:
lol well if i do a clutch drop from a dead stop in second ya not a problem... i think a v6 could do that

i mean i used to be able to smoke them and 3rd gear pulling away from a stop, no just first smokes then it squaks in 2nd.. they are 315s compared to old 245s but people told me itll be like putting the old tires back on itll pull so hard maybe people justover exagurate kinda like putting a cold air intake and saying oh my god it woke the car up so much! deffinatly gained 10hp yeah ok! you dont feel shit doing that! or maybe that just me who knows all im saying it its not a night and day difference with 4.10s compared to stock which is what like 3.41 or something? maybe just a slight more pep just a tad!

Ok now your story is shaping up man. Look, youre not going to be spinning a set of new 315's anywhere near as easy as you could spin the 245's. Unless those 315's are really crappy rubber, borderline hockey pucks then you will have a hard time lighting those up in 2nd gear.

Anyways, I put 4.10's in my car 1 month ago and I had 3.42's before them. Maybe it's because my car is lighter, maybe its because my LT1 makes more HP and torque then yours, but the 4.10' made an extremely noticeable seat-of-the-pants difference, and every passenger i've taken for a ride goes "holyyyy shittt!!!". I dont have track results to compare to yet, but Im confident I picked up 3-5 tenths in the quarter with the gear swap since im utilizing my cams powerband a lot better now.

If you really take advantage of the gears you need the rest of the bolt ons at a minimum. Long tube headers, full exhaust (not just a gutted flowmaster muffler), TB bypass, underdrive pullies, etc.

I dont have 315s on the back of my car right now, just some lowly 295/35/18 GoodYear Eagle F1 supercars, but I can light up 2nd gear without any issues, unless the tires are nice hot and sticky, then when i bang 2nd it dead hooks. Thats what you want for acceleration. Remember, spinning aint winning. It's fun though, i agree and if thats what youre looking for you will need to make more power or go back to a smaller tire.

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: BTR Cam, Long Tubes, 3" Catback, UDP, CAI Intake, Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Poly Diff Bushings, Toe Arms, Poly Subframe, Poly Radius-Rod bushings, ZL1 Suede Shifter, ZL1 Mounts, Arun Tuned - 475rwhp 443rwtq
11.97 @ 116 w/ 1.85 60'

Listen To Song Of My People!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

yeah my cars deffintaly heavy with the stereo in it haha and fat tires, and yes spinning is sweet around the guys :p but you are right you dont go fast when your spinning hooking up is key im sure the car is quicker but i dont think i would notice .5 of a second or even 1 second faster going down the road i dunno maybe i need to go for a ride in a 12 or 11 second car and shit my pants to realize what its like and compare

like in first gear now rolling at 20 or 30 i can punch it and smoke them then squak it into second then it hooks and goes... i dont think its a gutless lt1 by any means haha! im just power hungry

i remember i used to have a yamaha yfz 450 race quad = pretty deadly machine i hopped on it first ride shyte my pants 8 hour later i had it in the shop getting every bolt on i could to make it faster because i felt it was now slow and always looked for more pull i think this is the same way i just have issues!! :)

i think ill get the headers and ORY with cats put on get a good dyne tune and maybe leave it at that it still turns heads and sounds sick do i need to get speading tickets all the time? dont think so

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:49 pm
Operations Team

The biggest downfall for 4.10s is your first gear is pretty much useless as your shifting super quick and you will have zero traction when you get on it. If your trying to feel a seat of the pants diff get into 2nd gear and at about 2500-3k then punch it as atleast your rolling and you have full traction vs using first gear and just being a show off doing a smoke show. I had 275 rears for the past 3-4 yrs ive had my car with 4.10s and i could melt 1st and 2nd gear no problem with rear suspension.

If your after a 450 rwhp monster your building a very expensive machine and who knows if your going to be happy with it. If you meet up with Jay in the meantime while i get my car sorted out you will amazed at what 340rwhp feels like! That car pulls scary hard for whats done to it.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

yeah i think thats what i need is to ride in a car adn go holy that thing is fast and then decide what i need rather then just picking a radom number and hope im happy haha

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4